Sunday, July 29, 2007

Phi Delt, and the shirt...


Had a great visit to Phi Delta Theta's Emerging Leaders Institute. Great audience, great volunteers, great staff. Plus, it was in Oxford OH, and that's one seriously beautiful campus.

After the program, I'm talking to everyone, thanking them for having me in. This one Phi Delt alum says to me, "Loved the program, but I really hate that shirt you're wearing." I glanced down at my department store button-down.

"I kind of like it," I said. "I wear a lot of blue, and the stripes are a bit slimming."

"Yeah, until you turn sideways," he said as he laughed.

He was just giving me crap, but I had to gulp before I could smile! Oh well, the glorious life of a speaker, right? You never know what people are going to say to you.

But, Phi Delt: thanks for the invite. It was a great show. And, I'm throwing my shirt away.