Monday, June 23, 2008

HAZE: The Clarification


Re: my previous posting regarding HAZE: The Movie...

I was contacted by the film's director today and was asked to clarify that the event Saturday in Colorado Springs I attended was not the "premiere" of the movie, but an "advance showing." During the Q&A session, the production team did leave the door open for changes in the film based on distribution deals and so forth. They did, however, say that they were pretty happy with their final product and were not anticipating significant changes.

Additionally, I want to add that although I thought the film had some problems, I think it's a very noble project, done by talented and caring people, with great hopes that they could start an important national conversation. I encourage everyone to see the film and pass their own judgment. A review is simply one person's opinion.

Check out HAZE: The Movie when you have the opportunity, and decide for yourself (and for your community) whether it hit the mark or not. In either case, I am glad we have folks who care enough to make the effort. Every person who contributes in any meaningful way to the discussion and search for solutions to high-risk college drinking deserves our appreciation.