Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another interesting fraternity t-shirt choice


I think I could do nothing but entries about entertaining fraternity t-shirts, and I'd have material every day for this blog. Here's one I saw at Mount Union College in Ohio this weekend.

Seems the SAE's were promoting their theme of "True Gentlemen" as part of their recruitment efforts. So another fraternity thought it would be funny to make fun of them with their recruitment t-shirts.

I asked Jesse, the very friendly kid wearing this shirt, whether men and women on campus got the joke. He said he didn't know. I asked him if the shirt was popular with his brothers, and he said yes, because it made fun of the other fraternity. While they were trying to mock the SAEs, my bet is that they ended up helping them.

I find this stuff endlessly entertaining. This was the first time I could remember a fraternity making fun of a positive message put out by a different fraternity. Nothing inherently wrong or shocking here, just interesting.

I had a wonderful visit to Mount Union, by the way. Thanks to all the great students and advisors I met there, especially Kate Carnel, the greek advisor, who is doing some really wonderful things there in the frigid tundra of Northeastern Ohio.