Sunday, February 17, 2008

Blogging from NACA, day two


• Isaiah was "super excited" to meet Mike Super, an illusionist who he saw on some show called "Phenomenon." I'd never heard of it. Anyway, Mike was very sweet and acted like we were long-time BFF's (I've spoken to him once, probably six years ago). But the kid was excited and Mike scored me some "cool dad points."

• Saw a showcase by a musician who blew my mind: Anthony David. He's represented by Red Entertainment Agency. Absolutely fantastic... check him out.

• We've seen a lot of comedians, most of whom haven't been all that fantastic. But this one, Jasper Redd, was a complete riot. Check him out on his MySpace page.

• This creepy guy came up to our booth and wanted one of Kelly and Becca's "I'm Sexually Empowered!" t-shirts. It was a priceless moment. On one hand, they wanted to be nice. On the other hand, they were afraid he'd actually put it on. So, they did the good line: "Well, they are for the students, but if we have any extra, we'll get one to you." He was very sad. I giggled.

• I got my picture taken with human-sized versions of Remy and Emile, the rat brothers from the movie Ratatouille. I was so excited. When I get the pic, I'll post it. But seriously, I totally geeked out and lost all the cool dad points Mike Super had earned me.

• I paid $3.75 for a bottle of Diet Pepsi. I hate hotel prices. Fuckers.

• Best line of the day... spoken by comedian Will Marfori who has cerebral palsy: "If you are not familiar with cerebral palsy, let's just say I'm the only Olympian in my family. Yeah, I got silver. Don't be impressed, I lost in archery to a blind kid."

Tomorrow is the showcase for Kelly and Becca. Wish us luck.